Day 1 | Fri 17 Aug
Guildford to Brighton (Steyning)
Day distance: 171km
Day climb: 3084m
(17) Leith Hill, (18) White Downs, (14) Box Hill, (16) White Lane, (20) Toys Hill, (15) York's Hill (19) The Wall, (22) Ditchling Beacon
Day 2 | Sat 18 Aug
Brighton (Steyning) to Dorchester
Day distance: 212.5km
Day climb: 2208m
(21) Steyning Bostal
A long day but beautiful day west from Steyning to Dorchester.
This day has been generously sponsored by Nick Searl of Argent.
Day 3 | Sun 19 Aug
Dorchester to Tavistock
Day distance: 165km
Day climb: 3380m
(12) Salcombe Hill, (9) Haytor Vale
A 'shorter day' but very lumpy as we head for Dartmoor and beyond.
Day 4 | Mon 20 Aug
Tavistock to Lynton
Day distance: 165.3km
Day climb: 2742m
(11) Rundlestone, (8) Dartmeet, (10) Widecombe, (7) Challacombe
Back through Dartmoor, heading for North Devon and Exmoor. A beautiful day's cycling.
Day 5 | Tue 21 Aug
Lynton to Bath
Day distance: 181.8km
Day climb: 3197m
(6) Exmoor Forest, (4) Porlock, (5) Dunkery Beacon, (3) Crowcombe Combe, (1) Cheddar Gorge
Beauty and the beasts today. A stunning, but very challenging day starts with the climb from Lynton up through the gorge to Exmoor Forest. Then on to Porlock and Dunkery Beacon, two of the toughest climbs in the UK, the former being the steepest A-road in the UK. It's 25%.
Day 6 | Wed 22 Aug
Bath to Aberdare
Day distance: 181.7km
Day climb: 3198m
(2) Weston Hill, (97) The Tumble, (94) Llangynidr Mountain, (96) Bryn Du
Starting the day with Weston Hill in Bath, we head over the Severn into Wales and begin our adventure with some of the toughest climbs in the Brecon Beacons.
Day 7 | Thu 23 Aug
Aberdare to Llandovery
Day distance: 169.9km
Day climb: 2812m
(98) Rhigos, (99) The Bwlch, (100) Constitution Hill, (95) Black Mountain
The 100 Climbs are everywhere! We tackle Rhigos just after breakfast, heading towards Swansea to pick off the cobbles of Constitution Hill, before returning back to the Brecon Beacons for the ominously named, and very long, Black Mountain.
Day 8 | Fri 24 Aug
Llandovery to Maentwrog
Day distance: 180.8km
Day climb: 3444m
(93) Devil's Staircase, (92) Ffordd Penllech
An odd day. Lots of climbing, and only two of The 100 Climbs, but two of the toughest, and certainly the steepest. Ffordd Penllech is 40% in places! The beauty of Snowdonia will make all the pain worthwhile... Please note we (finally!) have a rest day on Saturday 25th August near Portmerion.
Day 9 | Sun 26 Aug
Maentwrog to Llangollen
Day distance: 183km
Day climb: 3074m
(91) Bwlch-y-Groes, (89) The Road to Hell
After our first rest day, we have another challenging day in Snowdonia and the forests of North Wales with its long, beautiful climbs.
Day 10 | Mon 27 Aug
Llangollen to Alderley Edge
Day distance: 184km
Day climb: 2496m
(90) Horseshoe Pass, (86) The Shelf, (88) Penbarra, (87) Moel Arthur, (36) Mow Cop
A very lumpy but rewarding morning as we leave North Wales and head towards the Peak District. A much flatter afternoon is abruptly punctuated by Mow Cop's legendary 25% ramp before rolling into Alderley Edge.
This day has been very kindly sponsored by Wembley Park and Realm.
Day 11 | Tue 28 Aug
Alderley Edge to Penistone
Day distance: 177.5km
Day climb: 3686m
(71) Swiss Hill, (70) Cat and Fiddle, (30) Monsal Head, (31) Bank Road, (32) Riber, (34) Rowsley Bar, (35) Curbar Edge, (33) Winnats Pass, (37) Peaslows, (41) Pea Royd Lane
A brutal day in the Peak District. 10% of The 100 Climbs in one day! Ouch.
Day 12 | Wed 29 Aug
Penistone to Lancaster
Day distance: 184.9km
Day climb: 4206m
(42) Jackson Bridge, (43) Holme Moss, (40) Shibden Wall, (44) Halifax Lane, (72) The Rake, (74) Nick of Pendle, (75) Trough of Bowland
Our biggest day of climbing. A massive 4200m day as we head into the Forest of Bowland and Lancaster. Not for the feint hearted.
Day 13 | Thu 30 Aug
Lancaster to Hawes
Day distance: 165.1km
Day climb: 3950m
(76) Jubilee Tower, (79) Cross of Greet, (48) Langcliffe Scar, (47) Malham Cove, (45) Park Rash, (73) Garsdale Head
A beautiful but lumpy day as we head into the Yorkshire Dales. Please note we have a rest day on Friday 31st August in Hawes.
Day 14 | Sat 01 Sep
Hawes to Glenridding
Day distance: 162km
Day climb: 3600m
(50) Fleet Moss, (49) Buttertubs Pass, (46) Oxnop Scar, (57) The Stang, (51) Tan Hill, (78) Lamps Moss
After a rest day in Hawes we have a very lumpy morning as pick off the remaining Climbs in The Dales. We then head up the spine of the North Pennines before an overnight stay in The Lake District.
Day 15 | Sun 02 Sep
Glenridding to Penrith
Day distance: 165.2km
Day climb: 3838m
(83) Kirkstone Pass, (85) Wrynose Pass, (84) Hardknott Pass, (80) Honister Pass, (81) Newlands Hause, (82) Whinlatter Pass
A lap of the Lake District and six lung-busting climbs including 'the hardest road in the land' Hardknott Pass. We'll be half through way the full ride by the end of today. We may allow ourselves a beer, or two.
Day 16 | Mon 03 Sep
Penrith to Leadhills
Day distance: 181km
Day climb: 2195m
(77) Hartside, (63) Mennock Pass
A much more sensible day of (hopefully) stunning views, we tackle Hartside in the North Pennines first thing, before heading NW and crossing the border for a week in beautiful Scotland.
Day 17 | Tue 04 Sep
Leadhills to Inveraray
Day distance: 183km
Day climb: 1771m
(68) Rest and be Thankful
Day 18 | Wed 05 Sep
Inveraray to Dornie
Day distance: 219.9km
Day climb: 2374m
No 100 climbs today, just a long, beautiful day... come and join us!
At almost 220km this is our longest day. Thankfully we have a rest day on Thursday 6th Sept in Dornie.
Day 19 | Fri 07 Sep
Dornie to Inverness
Day distance: 176km
Day climb: 2312m
Just the one 100 Climb today, but what a climb!? Bealach-Na-Ba, the only climb that has a difficulty of 11/10 in the book.
Day 20 | Sat 08 Sep
Inverness to Banchory
Day distance: 204km
Day climb: 3100m
(67) Cairn Gorm, (66) The Lecht
Two classic climbs in the Cairngorms National Park, we can't wait!
Day 21 | Sun 09 Sep
Banchory to Perth
Day distance: 187km
Day climb: 2520m
(65) The Cairnwell, (64) Cairn O' Mount
Two more classic and beautiful Scottish climbs before we head to Perth.
Day 22 | Mon 10 Sep
Perth to Otterburn
Day distance: 190.2km
Day climb: 2668m
No 100 climbs today, still lumpy though!
Day 23 | Tue 11 Sep
Otterburn to Darlington
Day distance: 195km
Day climb: 2950m
(61) Winters Gibbet, (60) Peth Bank, (59) Crawleyside, (62) Chapel Fell
We have a rest day on Wednesday 12th Sept in Darlington.
Day 24 | Thu 13 Sep
Darlington to Pateley Bridge
Day distance: 179.2km
Day climb: 2952m
(58) Carlton Bank, (55) Rosedale Chimney, (56) White Horse Bank, (54) Boltby Bank
A challenging but beautiful day in the North East, with some iconic climbs.
Many thanks to Vectos for sponsoring this day.
Day 25 | Fri 14 Sep
Pateley Bridge to Lincoln
Day distance: 195km
Day climb: 1820m
(52) Greenhow Hill, (53) Norwood Edge, (28) Michaelgate
Day 26 | Sat 15 Sep
Lincoln to Ironbridge
Day distance: 211km
Day climb: 1673m
(29) Terrace Hill, (38) Jiggers Bank
Day 27 | Sun 16 Sep
Ironbridge to Lechlade
Day distance: 210km
Day climb: 2727m
(39) The Burway, (13) Dover's Hill
A lovely day in the Midlands with two of The Climbs along the way. We'll be popping into the awesome Boardman Performance Centre at The Valley in Evesham for refreshments.
This day has been generously sponsored by Eagle One.
Day 28 | Mon 17 Sep
Lechlade to Kings Langley
Day distance: 173km
Day climb: 2075m
(25) Combe Gibbet, (24) Streatley Hill, (23) Whiteleaf
Our penultimate day, and a big day with three meaty climbs. 'Are we there yet?'
This day is kindly sponsored by Avamore Capital.
Day 29 part 1 | Tue 18 Sep
Kings Langley to London
Day distance: 74.4km
Day climb: 714m
(26) Mott Street, (27) Swains Lane
Almost home, the bright lights of North London will be a welcome sight for us. Just 2 of The Climbs to go and we are done.
Day 29 part 2 | Tue 18 Sep
London to Guildford
Day distance: 58.2km
Day climb: 614m
Just rolling home...
Back to where we started, 33 days, 5300km and 81,000m of climbing later!
We're embarking on Day One in memory of James Coghill, friend and fellow cyclist, who very sadly lost his battle with cancer earlier this year. All proceeds from today will go directly to James's family's chosen charities via his Just Giving page.
And it's a big day to kick things off in the hills of Surrey and Kent, where James did a lot of his cycling. There's 8 of the 100 Climbs, and quite a few more in between. Please join us, and help us get on our way.
A 65km circular route from Guildford is also available for this day which you can sign up for here.
Thanks to Savills, James's former employer, for so generously supporting the rides today.